Thursday, May 15, 2014

A Couple of Haas Photos

As I mentioned yesterday, I believe these next two photos may be connected to the Hunter photos.  They are both from Michigan photographers and the handwriting on the back has some common elements to the writing on the Hunter photos.

Alas, I have been unable to find any census records to tie these two together, let alone tie them to the Hunters.  All I have is a hunch that they are connected in some way.


This sweet little lady is identified as Lillie Haas Allen, daughter of Fred Haas.  The photographer's stamp is  Hamilton's of Grand Rapids, Michigan.



And this dapper gent is  Edwin B. Haas, further identified as "Nim's" brother, and the date 1886 is written in ink in another hand.  The photographer is Thurston of Coopersville (no state is shown, but one of the Hunter photos was taken in Coopersville, Michigan, so I'm deducing that it is the same Coopersville).

LSW

No comments:

Post a Comment