Saturday, May 24, 2014

And now for a little something different

I bought this postcard style photo on eBay, not because I was rescuing it for genealogical purposes.  I bought it just because it made me smile.


It turned out that there was some identification on the reverse, none the less, but it is not enough that I have been able to locate the person in online databases.

In the corner is what may be a date, but the writing is so squiggly I can't quite decide what it says.  Also the initials POV are shown, which I think may stand for "Point of View", which I've seen before on this style of community snapshot.

On the back, written in block letters is "At El Campo Tex, V A Foster and Pet Pig".

Every time I look at this photo, I think Mr. Foster is saying "Nothing strange about this….I'm walking muh pig!".

LSW

No comments:

Post a Comment