Sunday, May 25, 2014

Peas in a Pod

I just knew when I bought this picture on eBay that it would be a piece of cake to run down the background on these two ladies.  The photographer was Bryan in Elgin, Texas.  Bryan was in operation in Elgin between 1896 and 1900, so the time frame was easier to nail down than usual.


But, despite looking in all the usual places, I have yet to place these two ladies, who are identified on the back as Emilie Urban and Rosa Urban of Elgin.  There is an Urban family or two in the area, but so far no sign of Emilie or Rosa and how they connect.

I'm assuming these ladies are sisters.  They have similar features, not to mention identical dresses.  I've wondered if they are twin sisters.

And the hair….have you ever seen wider parts down the middle?

LSW

No comments:

Post a Comment